Friday, July 10, 2015

Elder Jeppson's First Letter

LETTER 1

The first two days have been great. I've prayed more times in the last two days than I have in my whole life. Yesterday I heard/said about twenty prayers. They don't mess around here. The first night as a district we taught three investigators. It was a cool learning experience and now I'm looking forward to doing that in New York. Biggest thing I've learned while teaching is using personal experiences and listening to the spirit. My companion Elder Turnbow is a really funny guy and he's great, but his anxiety is worse than mine. I am now the senior companion. So I'm thankful for that. It's been a little overwhelming and I feel anxious sometimes but I know every time I feel that, I can get down on my knees and ask for comfort. I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have to serve. I can't wait for all the spiritual experiences that are ahead of me. 

I love you all and thanks for the examples you set for me.

LETTER 2

The first day was really cool but also overwhelming. It's true what they say about the MTC, the foods good but I'm glad I'm only here for twelve days. Thursday was a little tough for me, we were told that my companion and I are going to teach an investigator on Saturday and it's going to be just us. Also we all have to prepare a talk for Sunday and the branch president is going to pick two elders to come up and speak and I already know it's Going to be me. So I'm a little anxious but I'll walk it off. And good news my companion Elder Turnbow has worse anxiety than me so we're in good shape. So Elder Jeppson is the senior companion. It'll build character though. It's really hard here but I have no desire to give up so that feels good. Thanks for sending me out here mother! I love you



Elder Jeppson and his companion Elder Turnbow
With Sister Kiana Corriveau (family friend)

4 comments: