Monday, September 14, 2015

Preach My Gospel: The Way to be an Effective Missionary

Braden Micah here,

This week has been a good one. I am really seeing the blessings of being exactly obedient. It seems when we follow our schedule and try our best we have the spirit all day and we are much happier. We had a zone trainer meeting this week and they emphasized following the morning schedule and Reading preach my gospel. I'll start with the morning schedule.

There is a quote by Jeffery R Holland that says “I frequently say to missionaries in the field, ‘You make or break your mission every morning of your life. You tell me how those morning hours go from 6:30 a.m. until you are on the street in your mission, whatever time it is; you tell me how those hours go, and I will tell you how your day will go, I will tell you how your month will go, I will tell you how your year will go and how your mission and your life will go.’”  This is so true! Even when we wake up 15 minutes late or don't effectively study, we don't have that same spirit has if we wake up on time or study the whole time. We have a lot more success when we give it our all and follow that schedule.
Now preach my gospel. Studying preach my gospel everyday is the way to be an effective missionary. It literally answers any question you have and shows how you can be your best. Our goal as a mission is to become a "preach my gospel missionaries" so that is the focus right now.  

Remember last week when I said the Lord always sends miracles when we have moments of struggle? Well it happened again this week! I was having a tough time and I was really down on myself. And then we got a call for our investigator Mary. She was just calling to see if we were still coming bye because she had something really important to tell us. So we went over there with our bishop and his wife and Mary fed us Chinese food. And after dinner she told us that she decided she was going to become a Mormon. She said she had so many experiences this week that she knew this was what she needed to do. So she will be baptized on November 22nd! She told us there is nothing that will drag her away from this church. It has been amazing to see the change in her in the past few weeks. 

Also we got a call from the sisters in our district that told us there was a guy that wanted a blessing. They told us his name and we realized he was the guy that shut us down. He didn't want to hear anything about the church so we were really surprised that he wanted us to come and give him a blessing. We got there and he told us that when we came by last time there was some spirit that we brought that was very comforting. Its great that everybody truly sees us as representatives of Jesus Christ. But anyways we asked him what prompted him to get a blessing and he said "I've heard my family who is Mormon talk about blessings of healing and I feel like that it would help" He has a hole in his leg that isn't heeling and its hurting him. So we gave him a blessing and in the blessing we promised him if he puts his faith in Jesus Christ then he will be healed. After the blessing he thanked us and said that we could come over anytime. So hopefully we will be able to start teaching him!

But we found so many pure In heart people this week that we will start teaching. I know that because we were more obedient that lord led us to them. Like preach my gospel says "There is no other satisfying work than missionary work" And it is so true! I love this work so much and I know this is were I need to be and were I want to be. 

Thanks for all the love and support

With sincere love,

Elder Jeppson 








No comments:

Post a Comment