Monday, October 5, 2015

The Gospel Isn't Just The Best Way, It's The Only Way

Dearest family and friends,

This is your friend and mentor Elder Jeppson speaking. And I would just to let you all know that this week was impeccable. I learned so much and my testimony was definitely strengthened.

The week started out with me seeing my boss Mitch from the golf course I worked at.  He was in Manhattan for the week and we happened to be In Manhattan for an appointment. That was the last appointment so we will not be able to go to Manhattan anymore. So the timing couldn't have been better. He took us to lunch and also to the Met. The Met is in the top 5 museums in the world. It was pretty amazing. So that was
a great way to start out the week!

On Friday Elder Barola and I were having a rough day! We couldn't find anyone and all of the lessons that we had set up fell through. So we were pretty upset. But than Elder Barola said a prayer and after he said "we will find someone tonight" so we went knocking late at night which isn't the best thing to do but what I've learned is to never put off a spiritual prompting. So we found a neighborhood that we both felt good about. 

We got out of the car and it was pouring rain and it was so windy. But we still went out Knocking. The first house we went to we found a family. We set up a returned appointment with them and they seem very interested. The second house we knocked on we had a guy reject us with kindness, so at least that was good. And then we
knocked on one more house. A guy by the name of James answered the door. We explained that we were missionaries and that we have a unique message about our gospel and that it will bring everlasting happiness to his life. And without any hesitation he said "okay come in". We were so surprised because nobody else in New York just let's us in.

We taught him the whole restoration of the Gospel and gave him a Book of Mormon. The spirit was so strong in that lesson. He told us to come back every Friday! It's funny once again when we were discouraged the Lord showed us a miracle. It's amazing how Heavenly Fathers timing is always perfect. And This applies to everything. We may feel like we don't get answers to our prayers. But we do they just come on the Lords time. But the lords time is the best time. 

A great quote I heard from Jeffrey R Holland was "Hold fast to what you already know and stand strong until additional knowledge comes."  Stand strong until
the answers to your prayers come!

Now general conference! This conference was amazing! This was the first conference that I actually watched every session and paid attention. I got an answer to everyone one of my questions! One talk that stuck out to me was by Elder Lawrence. He talked about how the spirit works on us a little bit at a time, otherwise we would get overwhelmed. 

Also another great principle I learned is that it's about the direction we are heading, not the speed we are going at. It's so true! It doesn't matter how long it takes to gain a testimony, it just matters if we are taking the necessary steps to gain one. I hope you
all got your answers from conference because I know I did. Don't just forget about this conference, go back and listen to these talks and I promise something new will touch your heart. But the biggest thing is to apply what we learned in our lives. Spiritual change happens when we apply what we learn.

So that was my week! I just want to let you guys know that I love this gospel so much! It's changed me more than I could've imagined. The Gospel isn't just the best way, it's the only way. And if you're ever struggling with your testimony Just take Elder Hollands advice and "Hold fast to what you already know and stand strong until additional knowledge comes." I love you all thanks for the prayers and support!

With love,

Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment