Monday, October 12, 2015

We Wanted to Finish Strong! (End of Transfer 2)

Hey it's me!

This was the last week of the transfer and Elder Barola and I really wanted to finish strong, and well that's exactly what happened. It was very fulfilling! This week we found 13 more people to teach! We were wondering  where they have been this whole time and we found them all in the same neighborhood! It was simply a miracle. When you actually listen to the spirit on where to go great things happen. This was actually the first week that we achieved all of our goals also! We did so much teaching it was insane. There is so many pure In heart people that are ready for this gospel and we finally found some. We have 8 lessons set up next week so I will let you know how all of those go.

But Elder Barola will be getting transferred which makes me sad but the work still goes on. I'm glad I get to stay in this area though!

After that I went on an exchange with my zone leader -- "The Italian Stallion" -- Elder Resinelli. I went to his area for the day. We helped move an 1000 lb stove out of somebody's basement so that was a fun experience. After that we went to teach a lesson. And that lesson consisted of 2 hours of bible bashing. This guy would not commit to read the Book of Mormon. He is so focused on the bible that he says there is no need for another book. Anything we said he had something else to go against us and most of it didn't even make sense. But Elder Resinelli liked to bash back so that's why it was two hours. 

Finally I told Elder Resinelli to let me talk and I just testified about how the Book of Mormon has changed my life. I told him that it contains the fullness of the Gospel and how he can get all his questions answered by reading the Book of Mormon. Then we showed him a video from Elder Holland talking about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. It's called the "Testimony of the Book of Mormon" it is amazing. You should all watch it. But after we showed him he didn't say a word, the spirit was so strong and we could tell it was touching him. So we asked if he would read it and he finally committed to. It is so amazing when the spirit directs our lessons.

So this week I learned about the importance of testifying. If we show others how this gospel has changed our life's and that we know it's true, it truly impacts them. Always testify of what you know and always follow the spirit. I am very grateful for the experiences I had this week.

Thanks for everything! I love you all

Elder Jeppson








No comments:

Post a Comment