Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Remember the reason for the season!

Hello family and friends,

This week was really great! We didn't teach as much as last week but we worked just as hard so it was very fulfilling. We met with Henry twice this week. We brought a member over and we talked about the word of wisdom because right now smoking is the only thing that is holding him back from being baptized. Our member has a lot of experience with helping people recover from addiction so it went very well. He committed to stop smoking by February 3rd so if he stays strong his baptism will be a week after. He invited us over for Christmas dinner
also, so that should be a real fun time. Also the Millers are still on track for baptism. We met with them a few times last week and they are still free from alcohol. They are really excited for their baptism.

Also yesterday I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with my zone leader Elder Voorhees, and this went really well.  I learned so much from him. We taught 6 lessons in less then two hours and found 4 new investigators! Elder Voorhees does not take no for an answer! Anytime somebody tried to shut us down he just kept talking until he got a return appointment with them. Their was this one lady that tried to shut the door on us but he stuck is foot in the door and she was finally willing to watch the video. The spirit from the video touched her heart. She was just so calm and told us how great the video was. Then we transitioned into talking about the Book of Mormon and she told us that she would read it and we could come back anytime. It was Amazing. Also the other people we found were very solid as well.

After our lessons we went over to talk to this lady and her husband that we gave a blessing to last week. She has cancer in her lungs and has really been struggling for the last couple weeks and they also told her she had cancer coming from the pancreas. She is not a member but she strongly believes in the priesthood. Her sister is a member and tells them a lot about the church and they really like it but don't have any intentions on leaving the Catholic Church. But we gave her a blessing and in the blessing it was said that she would be healed from the cancer if it was God's will and also that her and her family would feel at peace in their lives no matter what happens. We got a call from them This week and they told us the day after the blessing they found out that there wasn't any cancer coming from the pancreas or anywhere else. And she will be able to have good treatment
for the lung cancer! It was a miracle because the doctors were positive that she had pancreatic cancer a couple weeks ago. But one day after the blessing it wasn't there! That was such a testimony builder for me!

But after our exchange Elder Voorhees gave me some really great advice! He said "be The best missionary you can right now, if you do that you won't have any regrets after you get off he plane." And this really hit me. I only have a short time to be a missionary. I really need to give my all and do the best I can. But this also applies to our lives. We always need to be the best we can, even when times get hard. We will be blessed more then We could imagine if we do this.


Our mission is getting together on Christmas Eve to have a devotional! We all had to come up with a funny song so I'll try to get a video of it and send it to you guys. But anyways it is supposed to be between 60 and 70 degrees that day! It's really weird but I'm not going to complain!

I hope that you all have a great Christmas! Remember the reason for the season! And I can promise you as you do this you will see an increase of spirit in your homes and you will also see and increased love and understanding in your family. I love you all and have a blessed Christmas!

P.S I've only received two emails today and I'm pretty bummed about that! So I would really like to hear from all of you! So please email me if you love me. If not pretend that you do love me and just do it.

Elder Jeppson❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment