Monday, December 28, 2015

The mission isn't meant to be easy, it's meant to be worth it.

Hello my family and friends,

This week was once again amazing!! I felt the true meaning of Christmas for the first Time in my life this year! Being able to share that video this whole month has really helped with that! But the best thing for me was our mission Christmas devotional. It lasted for about 8 hours! 

First it started out with each zone coming up with a little song and they were all pretty funny but ours was definitely the best! I'll try to send the video. But after all the fun and laughs the meeting turned very spiritual. Sister Reynolds shared a story about a little boy and his sick mom. Long story short she was on her death bed and the little boy went to buy her a pair of shoes for Christmas. He went to buy them but he didn't have enough Money. So he turned to the guy that was behind him in line and said "Sir I'm buying these shoes for my mom so she can look beautiful when she meets Jesus, could you help me?" The man had an overwhelming feeling that he needed to help this boy out so he paid the rest of the cost. After the boy bought the shoes he thanked the man and The man said that he felt a little piece of heaven that day. The little boy then went home and gave his mom the shoes and told her that he got the prettiest ones they had. 

And she just broke down and started crying and hugged her son. A couple days later She ended up passing away and he was by her side the whole time. It is a very sad story but it was so great to see how Christlike these people were. Just like the boy was to his mother, the savior is always by our side. And with the man he gave and served others even when he didn't have much. This is a really good example for us to follow this season and also through out our whole lives. Christmas is all about being like the savior and all about  family. Listening to this story made me think so much about how blessed I am to have my family! I have such a strong testimony that families can be together forever and this is were we will find true happiness and peace. So that was Christmas Eve and the next day I got to Skype my family. It was so great to talk with all of them! I really felt all of their love for me as we were talking. I am so grateful for them.

Also we had Christmas dinner with our investigator Henry the Broadway dancer. It was one of the best meals I've ever had. Anyways he invited one of his friends over for dinner. And his friend has MS and is struggling with hardcore depression. We got talking with him about how the gospel is the only place that he could find true happiness and peace in his life. He really took an interest in what we were saying and started asking so many questions. He wants to meet with us every week and he will be coming to church next week also. The best part about it was that Henry was being a really great missionary to him even though Henry isn't a member yet. Henry told his friend that he  is going to become a member of our church. He was the one that invited his friend to church and told him that he will feel at peace there. Henrt is amazing! He is now down from 2 packs of cigarettes a day to only two cigarettes a day. It's been amazing to see his progress. So he will be able to be baptized by the middle of February.

And my last experience of the week involved the Millers. They are living in a motel right now on welfare and are really struggling. They only get 180 dollars a month and they ran out of money a few days ago. So they told us that they will not be able to meet with us anymore until they were able to have food and be focused again. So I started thinking on how we could help and then I remembered right before my mission my dads friend gave me 50 dollars and told me to give it to somebody who was in need. So I prayed and felt like I should give it to them.  When we gave it to them they were so grateful and they stayed tearing up.  It is a great feeling to serve others. They will be getting baptized this Saturday so we are very excited about that.

So that was my week. Very spiritually uplifting! I am thankful for my Savior and for his sacrifice for me, I am thankful for my family for all the love and support they are to me, I am thankful for all of you as well. I am thankful for my mission for the opportunity I have to strengthen my testimony each and everyday and also serve others. Even though it can be hard I love it. The mission isn't meant to be easy, it's meant to be worth it. I've really seen that out here. 

I love you all and I hope that you had an amazing Christmas! And thank you so much for everybody that wrote me this week.

With love,

Elder Jeppson

Thanks mom for the PJ's

Mission Christmas Party

My Zone

My zone.... again

My zone, yet again

Look at their Suits!

No comments:

Post a Comment