Monday, January 4, 2016

I'm Getting Transferred!

Hello All--

This week wasn't very eventful so I don't have as much as usual to report. But it was still a great week!! This week we found 5 new investigators but one of them really stuck out to me. We were teaching her at the door but then she told us she was cooking, so we thought that she was just going to say to come back another time but instead she invited us in and offered us dinner! We got talking and found out that she doesn't go to church but believes in God and she wants to start going to church. So we taught her about the restoration and the Book of Mormon and explained that the fullness of the gospel is back on the earth and that it could bless her and her family so much. She committed to read the Book of Mormon and told us to come back once a week to discuss it! So that was amazing.

We also had the opportunity to meet with Henry a couple times this week. He has had a really rough week. We found out some guy followed him home a couple nights ago and threatened him with a knife. But Henry stayed calm and just gave the guy his money and the guy finally left after two hours. So Henry has been low on money and he is struggling emotionally. So yesterday we went over and showed him a Mormon message called "good things to come". If you haven't seen it you should check it out it's really good. But basically it talks about how everything will workout in the end. And after we showed him this He told us that he got the reassurance from God that everything will work out and that he felt at peace. It was so amazing to see the spirit work on him like that. He's still excited to be baptized! And that's going to be at the end of February.

And my final experience happened at church yesterday. I felt like this was going to be my last Sunday in Huntington so I felt like I needed to bare my testimony. But I was kinda scared because I had know idea what I was going to say if I went up there. But then I got this overwhelming feeling of peace and a thought came to my mind that said "just trust me". I knew that was Heavenly Father there to guide me. So I got up and bore my testimony and I don't even remember much of what I said. All I know is that I opened my mouth and the spirit did the rest. It's always the best feeling after you bare your testimony. I just felt the spirit so strong and I got the reassurance that I was in the right place.

But I also found out today that I will be leaving Huntington. I don't know where I'll be going until tomorrow. It's bittersweet though because I really loved Huntington, but I'm excited to see where I'll go next. I'll let you all know next week! Have a great week all!

With love and trust,

Elder Jeppson


Henry and Me


No comments:

Post a Comment