Monday, February 1, 2016

Take a Few Minutes Out of Your Day and Serve Someone

To all my loved ones-

Well it has been quite and interesting week this week I don't even know where to start... Well first of all Elder Shirts had a rough week! He is still sick, and on Friday we went to a members house and she fed us this cake. And after we finished that cake we realized there was coconut in it and Elder Shirts is allergic to coconut! He had a pretty big piece too. The whole ride home he was itching from all his hives and is tongue went numb Haha. But he got over that in the next day so it was okay. 

But don't worry his week got worse! On Saturday we were doing service as a zone and this other missionary was telling Elder Shirts that he could bet him in a race. Elder Shirts was not having that so of course he had to race him. Elder Shirts won but at the finish line there was some ice and Elder Shirts took a tumble and he thinks he tore something in his knee. So yeah he's had quite the adventure haha. But hey at least he won.

So Tuesday we met with a less active by the name of Mark and Mark is having a really tough time in life right now. He has been out of work for awhile now. He might be able to get a job in two weeks but he isn't totally sure as of right now. He doesn't have the money to pay the rent or any money to put food on the table for his four kids. Not to mention they just had a baby last week. He told us he was so happy when we rang the door bell because he was thinking about us that day. After he told us what was going on we showed him the video "Good things to come". Definitely a good Mormon message for you to look up. After we showed him the video he asked "were you planning on showing that video to me before I told you about everything?" We said yes and he just stood there in silence for a little and said "I love how God works because that is exactly what I needed to hear." He said he feels like God is just putting him through a test of faith, but he'll be there to help me every step of the way." 

But Let me rewind a bit to the beginning of that day. So we were getting ready to leave for the day and I grabbed my wallet and I just had the thought that I needed to grab a little bit of cash before we left. It was weird because I never carry around cash but I followed the feeling anyways. So back to Mark. After he told us he didn't have any food for his kids I was prompted to give the money I had gotten from earlier to him. So I gave it to him and he just started crying and we all just stood in silence for a bit. He then gave me a hug and just kept telling us that he loved us so much and was so grateful for us. The spirit was so strong and I just felt so good. The best part about this is he showed up to church yesterday and bishop said that he be would able to get him and his family some food from bishop store house. (For those of you who aren't familiar with bishop store house it's where the church supplies food for members who don't have the money to buy groceries.) So things are already starting to get better for Mark. Is was such a powerful experience.

We met with John this week and we taught him the plan of salvation. It went pretty good. He believed in heaven and said that he wanted to go to the celestial kingdom so that was good. But we invited him to be baptized and he told us he was already baptized. So next week we will be discussing PROPER priesthood authority with him in depth. But he is still progressing.

But we did have four less active members we are working with show up to church yesterday so that was a blessing. We are working with a few of them to get them to the Temple so hopefully that will happen soon. Also our recent convert Jimmy will be going to the temple to do baptisms for the dead and will be getting is patriarchal blessing in the next month! We're pretty excited about that.

That's about it for this week boys and girls. My challenge this week is to take a few minutes out of your day and serve someone. It doesn't have to be something big, but enough to boost their spirits a little.
I could be an answer to their prayer and the Lord will bless you for it. Have a blessed week all.

Much Love,

Elder Jeppson

Our apartment is full of them
I got all I need right here

No comments:

Post a Comment