Monday, April 4, 2016

Power of Priesthood

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a good week! I sure did. This week is transfers but we found out that elder Bingham and I are both staying in lynbrook. I'm really happy about that. But let's get into the week.

So this week we met with that guy who is a Methodist pastor again. Before we went over we felt that it really wasn't gonna go anywhere but it ended up being really good again. We talked about Joseph Smith and the first vision and he was just blown away. He said he was so excited to read the Book of Mormon! After the lesson with him he told us that before we came over for the first time he prayed asking Heavenly Father to send his servants that would help him feel at peace and have contentment in his life.  He said "God works so fast because in the next couple days you guys showed up". It was so cool because I know if he sincerely reads and prays about the Book of Mormon he will get answers! The spirit definitely led that lesson.

We also met with our investigator Ashley this week and had a great discussion. We talked about the doctrine of Christ and a lot about baptism. We talked about her faith and she shared some really cool experiences that have happened in her life that has built her faith. And she is one of the few people that I have talked to out hear that understands true repentance! So we invited her to be baptized but then she went on to tell us that when she moved out to New York she had the intention of being baptized into the Pentecostal church. But she told us every time she went she felt something was missing. So said that she really likes the feeling that she gets when she comes our church. But she told us she is still looking. She shared an experience earlier where she has felt god has led her all throughout her life. So I told her that I didn't think it was a coincidence that she was led to Utah
and now led to us. She told us she has been thinking the same thing because Utah was the last place she wanted to be. But she watched general conference so hopefully she got answers to her questions. She'll come around! I feel really good about her.

And finally conference! Conference was absolutely amazing! It was a lot about the power of priesthood and the power Holy Ghost. There were a lot of amazing talks but my favorite was obviously Elder Hollands. It was the best way to close conference. That man is so in tune with the spirit it's crazy! His topic was exactly what I needed to hear. Because sometimes on the mission I get caught up in thinking that if I'm not exactly obedient then I'm not gonna have any success on my mission and that I'll have regrets. But elder Hollands quote "We get credit for trying even though sometimes we don't succeed" It was exactly what I needed to hear. I can be really hard on myself sometimes so knowing that as long as I try my best then God will give me credit. This is a great reminder for all of us because as we want to and are trying to improve God will be pleased with us. Please never get down on yourself. Life ain't easy so just remember if you are giving a sincere effort God will notice that and will help you. All he asks for is your love. Elder Holland hit it right on the money. This conference answered all the questions I had and I know it can or it did answer yours. Remember to review it as much as possible.

Over all a great week! I am excited to apply the things I learned in conference and I am also glad to stay hear in lynbrook. It's gonna be a great transfer! I love you all.

With Love,

Elder Jeppson







No comments:

Post a Comment