Monday, June 20, 2016

I'm Really Happy About the Work

Hey friends happy day to all,


First of all shout out to Kolby and Hannah for being parents to little Emma! You two move quick, I'm happy for you!

So we had another good week over here in the slope! The work is cruising! We met with Consuela again! The member that she met in Utah actually skyped into the lesson that we had and it went really good! The member was baring her testimony and crying the whole time. She even said that she will fly out for Consuela's baptism! Consuela already knows that the church is true so now all that we have to do is teach her the rest of the content and she'll be ready for July 17th for baptism! She comes to church every week so all is well.

Eve is coming along well! We had a good lesson with her and Pete this week! We committed them to meet with us 3 times a week to get ready for their baptism! It'll probably be on July 10th! But she came to church again on Sunday and she really loved it and said she wants to be apart of the church. Also we have been FaceTiming with Pete every night reading the Book of Mormon  and he is just loving it! It helps having this technology in missionary work! But they are definitely gonna be ready to be baptized by the 10th.

So we also have a lady named Pam, who is progressing just fine. We had a solid lesson with her this week and we asked her to come to church and at first she said she wasn't ready to come but we were persistent and promised a lot of blessings of she would come. So she said that she would "think about it". We got a call from her Saturday night saying that the thought that she needed to go to church kept coming to her mind, so she decided to come!! We had a member walk with her to church and she explained everything to her and Pam ended up really enjoying church. She also has a baptismal date for July 17th!
I'm really happy about the work in this area right now!

So funny story now. We were walking down the street and there are these guys that always yell at us telling us that we are false. But this time I was walking by and one of them called me a "White faggot boy". Sorry for the language but I just thought it was the funniest thing! I turned around and said "thanks for that", and just walked away. If you're not gonna laugh out here, you're gonna cry! Nothing like New York haha.

It's crazy how fast the transfer went by! This is the last week already! I found out Elder Hunt is going to Bermuda next transfer so I'm gonna be getting a new comp next week! It's sad cause Elder Hunt is1 probably my favorite companion but it's all good! My guess is that I'll be training next transfer but we'll see. So that was my week!
Happy late Father's Day to all you papas out there! Especially my boy Bradley! I love you all, have a good week!


Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment