Monday, June 27, 2016

I'm Training


Hello family,

So this week has been crazy! Elder Voorhees (an Elder In my district) has been called to be an assistant! So the this last week Elder Garcia, Hunt, and I have been in a trio! It's been so fun but so busy at the same time. It's hard because we have to work in two different teaching pools with only us 3! There was one day where we had like 10 appointments set up between the 3 of us so there was no time to even eat that day. But it has been so good! Elder Garcia is a really cool, down to earth, funny, Hawaiian guy. He actually went to Herriman High School and played football and rugby! Small world huh?

Also on Friday night I got a call from President Reynolds saying that I'll be training a new missionary next transfer! I'm pretty excited but nervous about it at the same time! I'm excited because my trainer had such a big impact on my mission and I want to help this missionary as much as Elder Barola helped me. But I'm nervous because the way you start your mission pretty much sets the course for the rest of the two years. So I'm hoping it can be a good experience for him. But I won't find out who he is till tomorrow so I'll send pictures of us next week!

But let's get into the investigator side of the week! So we met with Eve and Pete Twice this week! We taught the law of Chastity and the Word of wisdom! Usually these two topics make it or brake it. But it went really well!! The spirit was super strong in both lessons and they understood that it was a commandment from God and it was just there to protect them. It's always so nice when people take it like that! But when we taught the word of wisdom we found out Pete was smoking 3 cigarettes and day so we committed him to go down one each week. But when we talked to him last he is already only smoking one a day! He is such a stud! We had to push back their baptism to July 31st because of it, but they'll be completely ready for that day!

While we were at church yesterday we had two random people walk into sacrament meeting! One of the guys was named Adam, and he is a guy from Nigeria! His whole family are members except him. His brother even served a mission! So he showed up to Church and really enjoyed it and he already has like 5 friends in the ward now!! We will be meeting him with him this week so I'll let you know how it goes, but I see a lot of potential in him!

Our other walk-in was a lady named Marianne that we talked to on the street like 4 days ago! We invited her to church and she said she would come. At first I didn't think much of it because so many people say they will come but don't show up, but she did!!! She really enjoyed sacrament  and she said that this is the first church where she felt the spirit of God! We had a lesson with her after and we talked about the restoration and we related the story of Joseph smith to her on how they were both looking for the truth! She was so engaged the whole time and agreed to all the things we talked about it. She even excepted a baptismal date for August 10th! She said she truly thinks this is God's church Because of what she felt today! These kind of experiences make all the rejection we have worth it! She is such a blessing!

So that was my week! Super busy but so amazing!! I love my Trio, I love the people I'm working with, I love this area, and I love the lord for blessing us with all of it! I'm sure gonna miss Elder Hunt, but I'm excited for this next chapter of my mission! I love you all, have a great week!

Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment