Monday, July 18, 2016

Giving it Your All

Hello Family and Friends,

I hope all is well wherever you may be! Things are going good here in the Heart of Brooklyn!

So we started of the week with a zone conference given by President Reynolds and the assistants! It was definitely the best zone conference I have been to on my mission!! It was 8 hours long but it didn't feel that long and I enjoyed the whole thing! President Reynolds is such an inspired man! The whole conference was about giving it your all and personal conversion! 

Elder Young (one of the assistants) gave the work shop on giving it your all. He showed a little clip out of the movie  "Facing the Giants". It was the part where the coach has one of the football players bear crawl with another kid on his back and then blind folds him. He tells him he needs to give it his best effort and not give up until he doesn't have anything left. So while in the middle of the crawl he's getting super tired, but the coach keeps yelling at him to keep going and to give it his all. So finally when he runs out of juice he takes of the blind fold expecting to only be at the 50 yard line, but then finds out he made it all the way to the end zone! Super motivational so you should watch it. But it really made me think about if I have been giving it my all, and how at the end of my mission I want to feel like I've given it my all and have nothing left. So that was a great experience for me. Then it was Presidents turn and his whole talk was on personal conversion. He told us that your most important convert out here is yourself. He brought up the scripture D&C 18:15 where it says  "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!" That one soul is each of us! I liked this conference because they didn't grill us saying we are bad missionaries and that we need to do better, they made it so personal and showed us what personal conversion is. Honestly if i didn't go on this mission I would have know idea what it means to be truly converted to Jesus Christ, but Because of this experience, I'm figuring it out.

The work is going great this week!! Marianne told us she was so thankful to us for stopping and talking to her that day, "because without it, I would still be looking for a church I feel comfortable at" super cool! Consuela is great! She is so ready to be baptized! She literally has no hesitation! See has been to church now 7 weeks in a row! Pete is solid! We had a lesson with him where he was hesitant at first about committing to follow every commandment, but by the end of the lesson he said "you know what, I've already changed my life this much, I might as well go all the way". Dang this kid is my inspiration!

We met with Bridget again (she was the one who has the son that had that crazy conversion experience). But we met with her 3 times this week and really hammered down on the restoration and the Book of Mormon. She finally understands the importance of the restoration and said she would pray to know if he was a prophet. And then yesterday she came to church!! Miracles are happening all over this place.

Interesting experiences:


Oh we also got in a bible bash with a Jehovah Witness! Haha I decided that I would let Elder Shepherd do his first bash on his own. This guy was testing him at first seeing what the Shepherd knew about the bible then out of no where this guy starts roasting Elder Shepherd on the bible. So I felt bad and stepped in a just bore testimony about the Book of Mormon and the guy was super hard hearted so we left haha. Elder Shepherd was so proud of himself though so that's good.

We ran into another dude this week who looked like he was homeless and asked us if he could share a bible scripture with us. So we go on to find out that he sold all his stuff and became homeless because that's what Jesus told us to do. He went on for a little bit telling us that the has become perfect, and then finally he let us talk and Elder Shepherd brought up the Book of Mormon. It was funny because he used some preacher voice and was using words like "thee" and "Nay". It was the cutest little thing. After, we were walking away and he turned over to me and said "That Man was a fool" haha. Good times with new missionaries in Brooklyn.

So that was the week! Pretty good but not as good as July 31st will be! Only two more weeks until they enter the waters of baptism. I love you all, have a good week!


Elder Jeppson


No comments:

Post a Comment