Monday, August 8, 2016

A Lot of Good Things Are Happening

Hello everyone,
I hope all is well with all of you! Let me know what's going on in your lives!


So this was the last week of the transfer! Both Elder Shepherd and I are staying in ParkSlope for another transfer, which I'm excited about! He has really opened up to me these past couple weeks and I've really grown to love the guy! Also I'm glad I'm staying because I have grown such a great love for these people! Especially Pete! Man that kid is like my best friend. I know I still have like a year left but it is going to be hard to leave this place and these people!

Speaking of Pete, we saw him five times this week! The kid gets it! We talked about baptism and repentance this week and everything finally clicked for him. He is really excited to be baptized now! We have to push the baptism back to August 21st because he has been crazy busy with military stuff, but it'll be good so he can be completely ready. He also invited his friend to sit in on the lessons, so she was there 3 of the 5 times. She told us she was starting to get addicted to the Book of Mormon!! That's a pretty good addiction if you ask me! ;)

On Saturday we had a crazy busy day! This lady in our ward needed help setting up for a giant block party in her community, so we gathered some missionaries and went over. We come to find out that all the other volunteers she had coming bailed on her so we pretty much ran the show. We ended up grilling all the food for the party and the sister missionaries did face painting for the kids and were in charge of the inflatable slides and stuff. She also had a drum line show up! It was a group of kids from the ages of 10 to 18 and they were really good! I'll send you a video of them getting turnt up in the hood. 

Later that night we were walking home and this random guy just stopped us saying he needed help. He went on to explain the trials he was going through and said he really needs Gods help in his life. So we pulled out he Book of Mormon and testified of the peace and strength he will get from it. He promised he would read it! After, he told us it was not a coincidence and he knew it was God leading us to him! It's cool when people recognize that!

Also we have this set of project buildings that we go to pretty much everyday, and every time we are walking through them we always have this group of kids come up to us and say "hey what up homies, now Hit the whip". So then I do and all the kids get pumped up but then the teenagers start laughing at me because I look so white when I do it haha. But making kids smile and laugh is what the missions about right? Haha I love little project kids.

Yesterday Consuela and Marianne got confirmed members of the church and also received the gift of the Holy Ghost! Wow that was a special moment. They asked Elder Shepherd and I to confirm them so that was such a great spiritual experience. After, Consuela bore her testimony, telling her conversion story and saying that she knew this was the true church. I got another confirmation by the spirit that I did my job. That's always a good feeling.

So that was my week! A lot of good things are happening right now so I'm really happy right now. Shoot me an email and let me know what's going on! I love you all.



Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment