Monday, August 22, 2016

Challenge to Study Faith

Good morning my loves,

Interesting week here in Brooklyn! I wouldn't say it was much of a work week, but more a working on my personal conversion week.

We did have a miracle with the work this week though! So we met with our boy Bret The 15 year old. He's doing so good. He is still reading the Book of Mormon consistently everyday! Wow I definitely know I wasn't doing that when I was 15! We got talking about Doctrine of Christ which is Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. Anytime you talk about these steps the spirit it always so strong. We invited him to be baptized and he accepted to be on September 11th! That was a powerful moment! After the lesson I started thinking about what President Reynolds always says "Have The Doctrine of Chirst written in your hearts". If we have it written in our Hearts we will act on any spiritual prompting that we receive without delay. Now the way we apply it in our lives is by continuing to strengthen the faith that we have by the little basic things (scriptures, church, prayer, and service). We then must have "Real time Repentance", where we don't procrastinate, we repent and commit to become better. We then have the sacrament to represent Baptism, so we shouldn't be going through the motions when we partake of it. We have to recommit ourselves for the rest of the week. Then we must always be worthy of the spirit and making sure we act on the promptings that we receive. If we have the Doctrine of Christ written in our hearts there is no way we can fail!

Also I gave two trainings this week! One in District Meeting and the other in Zone conference. It's crazy now that I'm one of the older missionaries I'm getting a lot more opportunities to help other missionaries. This is another witness of Heavenly Father helping me overcome my weaknesses. Of course it was scary getting up in front of everybody with my anxiety, but I can definitely see all the help I receive from Heavenly Father. My topics were "Having the faith to find people to teach" and "Talk with Everyone". It was cool having the opportunity to share my testimony with these other missionaries. But I feel that this was more for me then them. It definitely helped me improve. It was cool because while I was studying for this I had the impression that I needed to invite the other missionaries to study the topic of faith either from the Book of Mormon, preach my gospel, or a general conference talk for 20 minutes each day. So I would like to challenge you all to study faith from the Book of Mormon or a General conference talk. And I can promise you that you'll be able to see an increase of spirit and confidence in your life.

Oh and we had interviews the President Reynolds this week! He is the best. He just has a way about him that makes you feel like the best person ever. He always says the nicest things and he makes you want to change and be better just by being in his presence. After, I hugged him and he is just a cuddly little thing. He's someone that you'll love no matter who you are.

But more work wise it's been sad because Pete, Eve, and Pam haven't been to church in awhile. :/ we met with them all and had great lessons with them but still haven't been at church. Pete ships out to the Army really soon so we're hoping that they can get baptized before he leaves. Keep them in your prays so it happens please!!

Sorry this letter was more about me personally and not about are actual week, but the week was pretty slow so his is what I got. Have a good week all! 


I love you

Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment