Monday, August 29, 2016

The Shepherd and Drunk People

Hello from Da Hood!

This week went really well! A lot of good experiences.

So First and for most there was one night we were walking home and Elder Shepherd turns to me and says "I'm positive that I could beat you in a fight". So I looked over at him and said, "Oh yeah? That's cute". He didn't like that very much so he challenged me to a wrestling match. I was gonna saw no but I had to show him who his Daddy was. So we went to the church at its already like 9:30 at night by that point. But he sets the timer and then says "we will play submission", So he comes up to me and tries to take me down but then I just grabbed his leg flipped him over my shoulder and put him in a choke hold until he tapped out. So after, I got up and I said "so who's your Daddy?" He said "Your Daddy". Then I said "That's right son now let's go home". Haha that was a good time.

Another funny thing that happened this week was we went to teach a new investigator we found and she opens the door and let's us in and just leaves for a good 5 minutes. When she's coming back into the room you could see on her face that she was drunk and she's coming in and she smacks her head so hard on the wall. She went down for the count for a few seconds. She finally got up and we actually had a really good lesson with her about the Book of Mormon. Drunk people amuse me.

More on the spiritual side, we got these investigators named Jesus, Guadalupe, and Jesus Jr who are all super cool. We've been teaching them for like 4 months but they are really flakey. But this last week was really good. We met with them twice and they straight up told us they weren't messing around anymore and that they really need our help. We had a bomb lessons about the restoration and they believed all that we were saying. The spirit filled that room. We showed them how to get General conference talks from YouTube and they watched 6 talks in one night! You could say things are picking up for them.

Also we had a super good member present lesson with Pam. The best way to do missionary work is through the members. So we brought a Member named Sister Pinkard over to Pam's house. Pam's big problem is she feels like there has to be "the right time" for her to be baptized. Sis Pinkard shared her full conversion story and how she thought that she had to have the right time as well, but then realized that God wanted her to be baptized now and she can learn all the other stuff later. That was exactly what Joan needed to hear and she set a specific day to be baptized for herself. She told us she was just going to take it on faith. She is such a good example to me! Remember that members are the key to missionary work!

That was our week! Very busy jumping place to place teaching people and fun times with The Shepherd and drunk people in the hood! 

Shoot me an email! I wanna hear what's going on in your lives. 

Love you all!


Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment