Monday, September 19, 2016

"Gotcha!"

Hello Family and friends, 

Sorry I didn't write last week it has been so so busy!! So I'll just give a few highlights of last week! 

Firstly we were able to see our investigators J*** and J*** Jr! They are the best! Jose is really struggling with work and providing for his family that he his so stressed out! So we showed him the video "good things to come". Basically it's Elder Holland talking about his financial trials and how he was worried about his family and how he was going to provide for them, but he because of patience and faithfulness to God, blessings did come his way. So it was exactly what Jose needed to hear at that time. He was in tears the whole time and he finally stayed true to his word and showed up to church the next day!! Wow it was a miracle. 

As you know we took L******* to the temple on Saturday! She was pulling my leg telling me she lost her temple recommend. She saw on my face that I was really worried so she finally told me she was kidding. But she did baptisms and she loved it! She said the spirit in the temple is very strong! After, she was walking down the slippery stairs from the baptismal font and pretended to slip and said "catch me". So we were freaking out cause she is a pretty large woman! She was then walking away and turned around to us and said "haha gotcha". She's such a jokester! But it was such a cool experience for her! We had 3 new members go to the temple for the first time that day! Also I'm going to send out a funny video that Elder Garcia made of L*******. 😂

And lastly we had transfer calls today!! So I found out that I'm staying here in Parkslope!! But the catch is that I am now companions with Elder Garcia and I'm going to be a Zone Leader. I was quite shocked when I got this call from president! I asked president if he was sure that he got the right guy and he said yes, and that he had the strongest spiritual prompting about it. He is such an amazing man! He can take away your fears really quick and make you feel so good about yourself. Not going to lie I'm still nervous about it, but I prayed about it and got a confirmation that this is where I need to be right now. So I'm excited for the opportunities I will have to grow spiritually but also to help other missionaries! 

The sad part about all of this though is I have to leave cute Elder Shepherd!! All his weird comments and quirkiness has really grown on me these last 3 months. It has been so cool to see him grow and truly change! I'm glad I had the opportunity to train him! I really love the kid. But change is good! I can't wait to be with Elder Garcia! He actually graduated from Herriman with my sister Lindsey and cousin Kolby! He's a super cool, funny, down to earth kid from Hawaii. I love those Pollys! We are going to have a great time! 

So that's it for the week! Thanks for all the support and prayers! I'm going to need them! Also shout out to the BEST mom ever! It's her birthday today so treat her nice. Love you all


Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment