Monday, September 26, 2016

What a Guy!

Good morning everyone!

I hope all is well in Utah and wherever else you may be around the world! This week was a really good one for Elder Garcia and I! So let's get into it. 

First of all being a Zone Leader is a lot better then I thought it would be! I thought it would be a lot more stressful, but honestly it's not too bad. The difference is that as a district leader you have to run a district meeting everyweek, but as a Zone Leader we only have to run a Zone meeting once a month. 😏 It's actually really cool because now you feel responsible for 20 other missionaries. More responsibility, but more opportunities to help other missionaries. I get to go on exchanges with all the Elders in our zone and help them strive to better in missionary work, but more importantly help them in their own personal conversion. 

So we met a guy this week named C******! He was just chilling outside a project building and we just started talking to him. We found out that he was in jail for 30 years! We asked him how he felt about it, and he said "Well I was only supposed to be there for 20 years but they just kept adding time, I missed my family of course, but I knew that God was going to take care of it so I just waited patiently and put it in his hands." His faith was incredible! It made me reevaluate my faith because sometimes I can complain that 2 years is a long time, but I haven't even been alive for 30 years!!! So it made me think how blessed I am to serve here and that two years is actually a really short time! So I got rebuked and I'm going to count my blessings more then my problems for now on. 

Also we have the coolest investigator ever!! His name is T*** and he is just as pure in heart as our recent convert L*******! He lives in the projects and his wife is very ill and not to mention he has 8 kids!! All he wants is a better life for his family. We have been teaching him for just over a month and he has already finished the Book of Mormon, read the whole gospel principles book, watched over 40 general conference talks, and is almost finished with the pearl of great price, and is on section 50 in the Doctrine and Covenants!! If that doesn't scream PURE I don't know what does. His testimony is so strong!! He already knows Joseph smith is a prophet and that the church is true!! He is going to just love general conference next.   

Also funny story about T*** to show how pure Is! He was taught the word of wisdom a few weeks ago so we were following up and he told us he wasn't having any problems with drinking or smoking, and then he said but I decided to add another thing to the word of wisdom. He said "We shouldn't participate in any sexual relationships until we are married." We said "perfect T*** that's exactly what we are going to talk about today and we taught the law of chastity. What a guy!

Last things! So this was the last week of Parkslope actually being a ward before it all gets dissolved next week! It was the perfect last week because they ended it with a primary program! It was so cute to see all the little kids singing and baring all their sweet simple testimonies. Not gonna lie I really did tear up. :') Then in Sunday school the teacher had a few members bear their testimonies about this ward, and both C******* and L******* bore their testimonies. It was so cool because they said things like they were happy that they finally found the truth and happiness that they are looking for, and how this building will always have a place in their hearts because it's where they got baptized. But they both said that they were sad that the ward is dissolving, but accepted that it was what God wanted. It was so cool to see their faith and trust in God. I got the spiritual prompting again that I am I found the people I'm here for. This was probably the best Sunday on my mission. 

It's been a great week full of new experiences and spiritual experiences. I am very happy with this new change and I'm grateful for the testimony I have gained so far on my mission. I love you all! Have a great week. 


Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment