Monday, October 31, 2016

I Truly Felt What Conversion Is

Good morning everyone! 

First off I got a call from President and I will be leaving Brooklyn! I'm a little sad but it'll be nice to have a fresh start! So tomorrow I will meet my new companion and go off to a new area! It will be hard to leave Elder Garcia though! He has become one of my best friends and I have learned a lot from him! I'm sure going to miss the guy! But hey change is good! 

It's kinda funny because we all thought Elder Garcia would be leaving so he said bye to all the ward members and investigators and turns out he's staying. On the flip side I thought I was staying so I didn't say bye to anybody! So today is going to be a busy day saying bye to everyone. Actually this morning we went to say to my favorite member brother B****! He's 24 years old and is like a homie to Elder Garcia and I. He lives in a really nice place and this morning he took us to the 55th floor of his building and we had the perfect view of New York! I'll send the pictures we took. But when we were up there it hit me hard how lucky I am to serve here and how much that I am really going to miss this place! 

Also, on Saturday we volunteered at a park and put on  like a Halloween carnival! It was fun stuff. They actually had a Halloween costume contest for dogs and it was the cutest little thing! But I got to go around asking for donations for the next years dog show and you know with my boyish cute smile I raised over 200 dollars in 20 minutes. I'm pretty proud of that! ;)

Other than that nothing crazy happened this week! Just a lot of service and getting fed by members because they all thought Garcia was leaving lol. I'm not even mad! 

But to end this email I want to talk about how much I learned this transfer! It may have not been the best missionary work wise but I know I've grown these last 6 weeks! I found out what kind of missionary I want to be, I truly felt what conversion is, I found out what kind of person I want to be, and I've found out what is really important in life. It's so cool how much the mission has helped me right now and how it is going to guide me in the choices I make in my future. I can already see it now guiding me, because I have found myself thinking about how it'll effect my future family before I make any choice. I am thankful for Elder Garcia for his example of love for others but especially family, and showing me what conversion is. I love my mission and I love all of you! Thanks for all the love and support! 

Much love, 


Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment