Monday, October 17, 2016

We will be Changed from It and It'll Change the Course of our Lives

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope you all enjoyed your week! I know I definitely did! I really think this was the best week of my mission!! So let me tell you about it! 

So first is our boy T***! So Troy is still struggling financially (because he has 8 kids and no job) and he's still struggling with the word of wisdom and said he literally is doing everything in his power to stop. We got over there and he told us what was going on and he asked instead of us having a lesson if we could give him a blessing. His exact words were "I know you guys have the authority from God, please bless me". We talked about the power of the atonement first then Elder Garcia gave one of the most powerful blessings I've ever heard! He straight up told him that from this day forward he would live the word of wisdom and because of that his family would be blessed. The spirit was so strong after, T*** had tears in his eyes and you could see in him a determination to change! So he gave us his lighter and all his cigarettes and we got to go throw them away for him haha. The next day we went over to see how he was doing and he was just so excited and looked so happy! We found out that literally right after we left last night he got a call from his old boss telling him that they had an opening for work and that T*** can start next week!! God is good! Then after we wanted to actually read the story of Enos with him and he told us "hey I actually read this story earlier today", we didn't even ask him to! He explained Enos's whole story to us and it was just a big spiritual experience about true repentance. After the lesson we were walking to the train station and I just had the biggest smile on my face. Elder Garcia said "Why you smiling so much", and I just said because I am so happy right now I could cry. And literally right after I said that tears started running down my cheeks because of the spirit I was feeling and because the love I felt for T***! I can honestly say that, that day I felt the love that God has for Troy. It was another confirmation to me that this is where I needed to be. I just couldn't stop crying! It was a tender moment for Elder Garcia and I. 

Then on Friday I got to run my first Zone Training Meeting. Not going to lie I was really nervous! I was reminded again that day that anxiety doesn't go away lol. But the cool part is, is that even with how inadequate I was feeling I just felt that everything would be okay. And as I gave my training to help these missionaries the words just rolled right of my tongue. After I had a few missionary come up to me saying that they learned so much. Honestly I had no idea what I said. The spirit is good!! I was then reminded once again of Ether 12:27Where it says if we humble ourselves God will turn our weaknesses into strengths. It was a cool!

And then the best day of my mission was yesterday!! The one and only Elder Jeffrey R. Holland visited the New York New York South Mission! Since Apostles have such strict schedules none of us missionaries went to church and we all meet in a big gym where Elder Holland spoke to us. It was amazing! I even got to shake is hand. Right as he walked into the room the spirit just hit everyone! The Apostolic power is real my friends! So in his address he talked so much about change. He told us that if any returned missionary goes home and goes inactive then "Shame on you, and shame on me". The reason they send out 18-19 years olds is because this is pretty much the time where we decide who we want to be. And when we go and actually SERVE missions, we will be changed from it and it'll change the course of our lives. He then brought the fire about the Book of Mormon. He told us that this is THE converted tool in the gospel and we should use it in every situation to help the people we work with. And he then ended by saying "missions are not meant to be easy, if they are then you're doing it wrong". He then said "The road of salvation goes through Gethsemane"When we serve our missions we are going to feel just a little what Christ has felt. We will have to suffer just a little bit. His testimony of the savior just pierced everyone's soul. He is truly an Apostle of God!

So yes it was the best week of my mission! This week truly made me feel that I am finally truly converted to the gospel and that "I am lost in the work". I love my mission so much! I love These people so much and they are all I want to think about. I honestly have never been happier! I honestly don't want to know where I would be at in life if I didn't serve a mission! I am so thankful that Heavenly Father has changed me into the person I am today. The church is true, the Book is blue!

I love you all! Have a great week 


Elder Jeppson

No comments:

Post a Comment